Last week I spent my Sunday catching up on some yard work. I thought that I would do the yard work first then come in and work on the website. It didn’t work out. The section of the yard I was working on hadn’t been cleared for a couple years. It’s a gap between two fences and easily gets over grown. I kinda feel that the utility company that has the utility box in the corner of the gap should be maintaining it, but it seems they don’t even know that the box is there. So, every know and then, I clear it. Anyway, what I learned was that I need to leave my Sundays clear for working on my site. It just won’t happen during the work week.
Let’s get to some likes:
- Deweys Read-a-thon. Twice a year the people behind Dewey’s hold a 24 hour read-a-thon. It’s been going for 10 years now and I love it. I don’t always participate but this last time, I did. I read 4 graphic novels and listened to a large chunk of an audiobook. Next event is April 28, 2018. You can find the twitter feed here.
- New old Metallica. Metallica is releasing a huge boxed set of the awesome Master of Puppets. They dropped some audio of an early version of the title track. You can listen here.
- Shade 45 on SiriusXM. Since Emenim dropped that wonderful dis of Trump, I’ve been listening to his channel on SiriusXM. Well, at least when they are playing music. I’m not a big fan of listening to DJ talk shows so I tend to skip that but I’ve enjoyed listening to something that I don’t often listen to. I’ve learned things. One of which is at number 4.
- This new song from Wu Tang.
- A friend mentioned Sza’s album on Facebook. I listened to it. I love it. Here’s a sample.
- MoviePass update. I’ve used my moviepass card twice now and so far so good. I’ve definitely gotten my money out of it, even with going to just one movie. It’s easy to use and I haven’t had any problems with it. I know that’s not the case for everyone but I’d still recommend giving it a shot.
- It. The first movie I saw with my moviepass card. I don’t remember the TV miniseries. I mean, I remember that their was one and I remember when it was on TV but I don’t remember watching it. It’s possible that I wasn’t allowed to watch it. I’ve never been afraid of clowns and I’m still not but I enjoyed the movie. I don’t know how it relates to the book as I never finished reading the book.
- Suburbicon. My second moviepass movie. Very much not what I was expecting but entertaining. It’s not really the best of movies, kind of slow moving but still I enjoyed it.
- This video from Ahsante the Artist.
- Devil in the Grove: Thurgood Marshall, the Groveland Boys, and the Dawn of a New America by Gilbert King. This is one of those books that is hard to like. It’s very disturbing that this event, or other events described in the book, even happened but it’s important to learn about these things and how they still effect our society today.
There’s my list. What’s on your list?